Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Ashurst’s securitisation debt capital markets practices forms part of a wider Global Markets Group. It sits alongside and works closely with Ashurst’s derivatives and structured products practices.
The core areas of the team cover trade receivables transactions (NPL, UTPs, CQS, Tax Claims other asset classes) securitisations (RMBS/CMBS/auto loans/consumer credit, prime/non-performing). The practice covers true sale and synthetic structures.
You will work primarily with your team in Milan and Europe who specialise in various types of structured finance transactions across different asset classes.
You must be willing to be flexible and should be enthusiastic about working in new product areas. The job offers exposure to multiple different clients, sectors and associated financing techniques.
The role will offer the opportunity to work with sponsors, arrangers, debt investors, corporates, banks, government and credit enhancement providers.
The role will also involve working closely with other groups within Ashurst, including corporate, restructuring, banking, financial regulatory and tax.
Essential skills and experience:
- Qualified Associate with proven post-qualification experience, 1 or 2 years, at a major law firm.
- Experience of advising on structured finance transactions and/or DCM issuances.
- Experience of drafting complex documents.
- Good organisational skills and experience in transaction management.
- Excellent academic track record.
- Excellent client relationship skills and experience of business development.
- A collegiate team-player who works effectively with colleagues at all levels.