Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Informatics, Mathematics, statistics or a related technical discipline.
- 3+ years of industry experience in data engineering, data science, business intelligence or related field, with coding experience with modern programming or scripting language (Python, Scala, Java, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience with applications involving ML or optimization algorithms.
- Advanced SQL and query performance tuning skills.
Have you ever wondered how Amazon delivers timely and reliably hundreds of millions of packages to customer’s doorsteps? Are you passionate about data and mathematics, and hope to impact the experience of millions of customers? Are you obsessed with designing simple algorithmic solutions to very challenging problems?
If so, we look forward to hearing from you!
Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) is seeking a talented Data Engineer. As a key member of the ATS EU Forecasting Team, this person will help in developing best-in-class forecasting and planning products for the European transportation network, to deliver high quality customer experience while minimizing cost and improving fulfillment speed.
The job is opened in the EU Headquarters in Luxembourg, designed to maximize interaction with the team and stakeholders, but we will consider applicants with remote work requirements as well.
As we believe diversity = strength, we encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds.
Key job responsibilities
- Work with scientists to develop optimization models and deploy them in production at the highest standards of Amazon.
- Maintain and troubleshoot existing forecasting products in close collaboration with business customers.
- Lead complex time-bound, long-term as well as ad-hoc analyses to assist decision making.
- Communicate to leadership results from business analysis, strategies and tactics.
A day in the life
- You will be deep-diving complex mathematical algorithms to answer key business questions.
- You will be developing and testing prototype solutions with above algorithmic techniques.
- You will be scavenging information from the sea of Amazon data to improve these solutions.
- You will be meeting with other scientists, engineers, stakeholders and customers to enhance the solutions and get them adopted.
Master’s Degree in Data Engineering, Applied Data Science, or related certification.
- Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR).
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.