The business Wide Area Networking market is going through a major technology shift. By 2024, over 50% of traditional IP-VPN networks will have transitioned to Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN) technology driven by accelerating cloud adoption, digital transformation, security and cost efficiency initiatives.
The role of the Local Product Manager (LPM) for Software Defined Networking (SD-X) products, such as SD-WAN, SASE, SD-Cloud Connect, is to ensure the overall performance of their global product in the market. Reporting into the Senior Portfolio Lead for Global SDN products, they will act as a key interface into the Local Head of Product (or sub-team) in order to lead the overall integration, launch and ongoing management of their Global Product (s) within the Italian market. They will also play a key role capturing local priorities and integration requirements to ensure the global product is relevant and functioning at a market level. They will need to balance multiple (potentially conflicting) priorities and stakeholders to ensure their product is locally relevant and successful.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Working with Global Product Managers through strategy, planning and agile development to input into key global product decisions where necessary on behalf of their respective market/s;
- Ensuring necessary integration, launch and go-to-market resources and budgets are planned and ring-fenced for their respective market and product e.g local Marketing resources to ensure successful G2M support;
- On-board global product into market through ‘go-to-OpCo’ phase to ensure effective landing e.g. sourcing local funding, system integration, technology integration etc;
- Oversee launch activities within local market for global product e.g. marketing, sales enablement, local pricing etc;
- Manage in-life and end-of-life requirements for global products in market, notifying GPM of key product changes/recommendation. This could also include recommendations on sun setting legacy local products when better global alternatives are available;
- Track and then manage the local product targets for market share growth, product revenues, margin and customer service performance for their product. Drive continuous improvement in the performance of the core product across CX, profit and revenue improvement opportunities;
- This role will report directly into Global Product Manager/Local Product chapter lead and have a dotted line into the Local Head of Products (or sub-team) to fulfil its responsibilities;
- The role might flex across different products depending on what stage they’re at in their lifecycle and or be aligned to multiple countries depending on capacity and local maturity/demand etc