- Well-developed observational and analytical skills
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- A methodical and logical approach
- Flexible to work shifts/nights/weekends as needed – Amazon Logistics is a 24/7 operation
- A keen attention to detail and strong understanding of Health & Safety protocols. You should be able to identify and address safety hazards within the work area
- A basic understanding of project management
- Fluent knowledge of Italian and English
We are Amazon.
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren’t content with just standing still. We’re aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
To help us maintain our high standards of service, we are seeking an experienced, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Trainer to play a critical role in improving safety, productivity and the overall customer experience. The Learning & Development team (L&D) is responsible for supporting change within the sites and for ensuring that all Associates are provided with the appropriate skills and tools to reach new heights of success. The L&D team is also responsible for hosting inductions, cross training, performing skills assessment and delivering Health & Safety training.
As a Trainer, you will play a critical role in supporting Amazon Sortation functions with all training requirements and will report directly to the site manager and part of the operations team. Operational trainers help with the ongoing learning and refresher training for Amazon Associates, enabling them to fulfil their potential within their organization. Our Trainers are proactive rather than reactive, assessing the skills and knowledge within our organization and determining what training is needed to insure operational best practice and delivering it, providing clear return on investment.
The ideal candidate requires operational training experience gained within a multi-site operation, ideally within a transportation, warehouse environment or a similar international fast paced customer driven environment as you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating the execution of agreed upon onboarding of all new hires and cross-training initiatives
- Supporting the site’s operation in aligning to network approved and consistent standards
- Locally supporting the deployment of central projects
- Delivering refresher training on critical process and compliance topics
- Tracking training activity and permission management
- Supporting the centralized L&D team to produce new materials for in-house training activity
- Auditing training programs and records
- Building and coordinating an efficient and multilingual Instructor network, in order to support linguistic diversity within our Associate population
- Acting as an ambassadors for Amazon Core Values and Leadership Principles
- Intermediate-Advanced proficiency with MS Office packages, particularly Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- A strong sense of personal and professional integrity
- Be a positive role model
- Strong team-work mentality
- Shows a drive for improvement of learning and design processes
- Shows determination
- Bachelor degree
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
There are other, more intangible rewards too. Like our commitment to your development, a refreshing lack of hierarchy, the chance to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, plenty of team spirit and an informal atmosphere – suits and ties are few and far between.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies’ world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.