Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1,000 employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
What you will be doing:
- Support new databases capabilities to read/write or process data faster
- Optimize our layout engine to be able to render flows of 1000 datasets faster
- Improve our help system to make it smarter
- Bring spatial joins and isochrone computing to the platform
- Improve dataset upload experience using A/B testing
- Add support for graphical explain plans in our SQL workbench
(Note: This is a Software Engineering job. We have separate Data Scientist positions open)
You are the ideal recruit if:
- You have experience in software development and are interested in data processing.
- You are “customer-oriented” you want to understand how the product is used and solve actual customer problems
- You know, Data science is 80% preparing data and 20% complaining about preparing data.
- You are curious about working ‘œunder the hood’ and want to learn how things are built.
- You have firsthand experience (either professional or personal) in building a real product.
- You are humble and kind.
- You don’t hesitate to ask questions when you don’t know, and treat your colleagues with respect, kindness, and honesty.
Dataiku’s culture is right for you if:
- You want to be able to define your own version of work-life balance – flexible is our go-to word, it applies equally to remote work, vacations and parental benefits.
- You need autonomy to thrive – we trust our people, give them space to do their best and stay away from artificial deadlines.
- You enjoy spending time with your colleagues and learning from your peers – meet for Friday universities, annual offsites, virtual trivia nights and more.
- You like feeling cared about – watch out for the magical Christmas box delivered at home and an unforgettable onboarding week.
- You care about giving back –it’s what our Ikig.AIprogram is all about: Dataikers are encouraged to work pro bono for one or several nonprofits of their choosing.
If you want to learn more about our hiring process, you can read this article about our engineering hiring philosophy.